Saturday, August 8, 2015

Books

Another week gone, so-not-to-my-surprise, as I have been counting down every single day. Went to do some biology and then ended up here. It's gonna be a short post, because I had already figured out what I want to write today :)

Supposedly one of my plans after UEC: 

to clean up my room.

My room is a wreck. If my room area is 100%,  then 25% is the bed, 25% is the floor, 10% is the closets, and then the rest will be books.
So to be more specific, instead of cleaning up my room, it should be cleaning up the books. I simply cannot believe that, I still keep my J1 books (because I didn't have the chance to sell them) AND my SPM books (because I didn't have the chance to sell them) - the two stacks of books that I'm not gonna read ever again. 
And also the love novels i collected since standard 6, which actually filled one layer of my bookshelf. And also the 红蜻蜓 novels i bought since primary school. These two are gonna go out. It took me a while to realize, that most of the books I own, are not what an 18 year old should own, which let me feel embarrassed. For example, I once still stick to buying Geronimo Stilton's books until my parents think that I should stop (I am 16 that time) and gave them to my cousins. I suppose I am still very childish. 
In another section, I have Rick Riordan's books, which I am NEVER gonna give away, just let me keep it until my children and grandchildren read it. And also The 39 clues, never gonna give away as well. This actually concludes my favorite possessions, and I also have The Hunger Games trilogy, Mitch Albom collection, I am Number Four collection, and probably some which I cannot remember for now. As for the rest, I will try to give them away, that is when I am sure I will never read them again.
As for the chinese books, 米泽穗信 books I'm definitely keeping it. All of my light novels, such as, 神的记事本,兔使 etc. Ah and the 物语系列! My 刘墉 collection. And some of my Japanese authors collection, let it be detective, scientific, I will keep them. And.... no more. So in the end, my books all came down to such a small stack. As for the rest, I will read them after my UEC, because there are really some books which I didn't get to finish reading or haven't read, I just bought them. 

okay enough with the books, some just has to go, and there also a lot which I haven't dig out to see if i still need to keep them or not. 

Well, if i need to give some away, then I also need to buy some in as well. AHAHAHAHAH!!!

It's a Saturday, so I get to go to Popular and look around, of course I bought nothing because I have nothing in mind. I just stroll around looking every corner and started jotting down the list of books I wanted to buy:

1. John Green's collection
2. If I Stay collection
3. Divergent trilogy
4. The Maze Runner trilogy
5. Dan Brown's
6. Murakami's
7. I am Number Four collection
8. Stephen Kings's
9. Khaled Hosseini's 
10. Hugh Howley's
11. I'll give you the sun
12. Starglass
13. The Tiger's Curse trilogy
14. Jodi Picoult's
15. Theodore Boone collection
16. Cecelia Ahern
17. Wayward Pines
18. Harry Potter 
19. The Casual Vacancy
20. Fifty Shades of Grey (?)
21. Extraordinary Means
22. J.R.R. Tolkien's
23. George R.R. Martin

24. 六花的勇者
25. 东川笃哉
26. 米泽穗信
27. 金庸(?)
28. 九把刀
29. 村上春树 (Murakami)
30. 桐华
31. 《罗辑思维》推荐

that's it for now..... I haven't think it through yet....
I know that the Chinese books are so not sufficient. I'm planning to roam out more to find more Chinese books opportunities, please do recommend some :)
And If I'm ambitious enough, I would like to learn Japanese to a level, so I can reread some of the Japanese novels I owned in Chinese, I want to read them in Japanese as well. So much for goals ahahahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment