Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hong Kong

This post is gonna be fun.
My cousin/ mother bought me my dream wallet. Thank them very very much, deepest from my heart. (Long story).

I finally figured out why Zoe doesn't really get anxious or worried about buying such an expensive gift for me. So here is supposedly why.

So about Zoe, she studied for 4 years in Australia, and then came back to HK to work. The thing is, she majors in accounting, but now works as a nurse with a brain surgeons. Weird eh? But somehow impressive. Anyway, today we had another family dinner, And we talked. So I asked her how much does she earn being a nurse. And she replied 15000 HKD per month ( I will be using HKD, fyi, RM1 = HKD 2.10)

As I volunteered in a vet clinic, here's another teeny data, a side kick veterinarian (doctor) earned about maximum 11000 HKD, even lesser than being a nurse working in a clinic. 

In my paternal family, two of my aunts are primary school teacher. One of them is Zoe's mother, so I will take her as an example. She has worked in the school for a lot of years, she probably be the highest rank among the teachers, like 主任 or something. And her monthly wages are 50000 HKD. And it's only primary school. Zoe told me if it's in secondary school, university, even as a normal 助理, one can earn up to 100000 HKD. 

And I asked her, is it hard to become a teacher? And she laughed, like it's probably one of the most easiest jobs. Especially in languages, like Chinese and English. A tuition teacher that teaches English can earn up to 500 HKD per hour. Zoe also told me that teachers in HK are the most expensive in the whole world. So if interested in teaching, go to HK bah.

As for life in HK, of course 生活素質 damn high. For example, a breakfast in a normal 茶餐室 could be 100-200 HKD. A skirt can be 300 HKD, a wallet can be 900 HKD, and a large family reunion can be 3000-4000 HKD. 

Eventually, between HK and Malaysia, which is better? I suppose there is no win or lose, because things in Malaysia are cheap. But for me, HK. Because just being a teacher, you basically can compete with an amateur doctor in Malaysia. Gosh, mind-blowing!

But my cousin work as hard as anyone, but she lives really happily with her mother. And her boyfriend haha. I think I really learned a lot from her. 

Hair removal is about 10000 HKD in HK. Just saying.

2 comments: