Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 5 & 6

Okay first of all I want to apologize for not continuing my journal in daily basis. I find it to be troublesome actually, and I always forget the details. Even if I do remember there is always laziness. I will try to make up to it today. 

Day 5 (Tuesday)
Day 4 is quite normal in my opinion, Atif took the day off. It was a very normal day. Normal patients, spaying surgery. Also, Ali advice me to record the process of a surgery so I can watch it anytime I want. But I didn't, because it's too gross to put it in my phone, other reason is I think is inapropriate. Ali taught me about suture. Basically there are two types of thread when suture. One is absorbable thread, other is nylon thread. The former is used when stitching the tissues and muscles, one day they will dissolve, no need to take out. As for nylon thread is used on the skin. So when the skin recovered, we will have to remove the stiches. 
I did make paper notes.
Mostly is about disease, like we humans, animals have to do vaccination and deworm, when younger, and then a yearly basis. So the vaccination we took is to prevent hepatitis, HIV and stuff. For animals there are hepatitis, influenza and some I haven't known yet. 
There are dogs here who have very serious virus infection, one is parvo that I'd mention before, the other example is distemper. I haven't learn the symptoms yet. But what I know is, a parvo test is done by specimens through the faeces, as for a distemper test, it's done by getting specimens from eyes and nose. 
Today I also learned about 'animic' which means lack of blood. And also dystocia, means difficulty in parturation.
That day there is an Indian family bringing a stray puppy to the clinic. No serious injury, just a few stiches when the father said:"put it to sleep." Then Ali took a pink liquid and jab it to the puppy's heart. Then the puppy died. 
Okay I admit I cried. April was at the same room with us checking the shelves. And she said she cannot bear to see it. Her back facing us. After the dog was sent out I started to feel so sad, and Madi saw me cry and said sorry to me.
Okay the sad part over we say the happy part, which is before the puppy gets put to sleep.
It was already 2 and I still haven't had lunch. April was already out. So I asked Ali if he had lunch. He said am I asking him out. Supposedly I punched him. But after a few moments we then went out to a restaurant near by. Then we saw April with another bunch of people I do not know. Ali and I sat on another table. Ali asked for April to come and join us. April came and she told Ali:"The Aunty there asked me, if she(me) is your wife." Supposedly I punched myself. Actually on my second day I think, a delivery man came to give us stock, then he saw me  and Ali sitting together in the receptionist counter, and ask Ali:" your girlfriend ah?" Girlfriend is enough, summore wife! Eventually its just a misunderstanding and we only took it as something happened. And then the two of them talked about problems in the clinic and such. Attitude about others which I am not here to speak out loud. And I learned that April had did surgery before but now wants to work as a receptionist.
Okay that's basically about Day 4.

Day 6 (Wednesday)
Written on 9 December 2013
Okay la I totally forgot everything.... I'm so bad..... -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment